Doc., RNDr., CSc.
September 1, 1966 in Znojmo
- Member of Learned Society since 2019
Educational and professional preparation
- 1985: secondary school, Znojmo
- 1985-1990: master study, biology - genetics, Faculty of Sciences, Masaryk University, Brno
- 1990-1995: PhD study, biophysics, Institute of Biophysics, Czech Academy of Sciences, Brno
- 2009: habilitation in molecular biology and genetics, Faculty of Sciences, Masaryk University, Brno
Employment and academic positions
- 1990-1995: PhD student, Department of conformation properties of nucleic acids, Institute of Biophysics, Czech Academy of Sciences, Brno
- 1995-present: scientist, senior scientist, group leader, Department of Plant Developmental Genetics, Institute of Biophysics, Czech Academy of Sciences, Brno
- 2000: visiting scientist at Department of Biology, North Carolina University at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
- 2011-2014: group leader, Genome Dynamics Group, CEITEC, Brno
Membership in selected domestic scientific bodies
- 2016-present: member of Scientific council, Institute of Biophysics, Czech Academy of Sciences, Brno
- 2010-2014: member of Scientific council, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno
- 2017-present: panel member of Czech Science Foundation
Membership and positions in selected international organizations and societies
- Czechoslovak biological society
- Guiblet W, Cremona M, Cechova M, Harris R, Kejnovska I, Kejnovsky E, Eckert KA, Chiaromonte F, Makova KD (2018) Long-read sequencing technology indicates genome-wide effects of non-B DNA on polymerization speed and error rate. Genome Research 28, 1767-1778.
- Trifonov EN and Kejnovsky E (2015) Acytota – associated kingdom of neglected life. Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics 34, 1641-1648.
- Lexa M, Kejnovsky E, Steflova P, Konvalinova H, Vorlickova M, Vyskot B (2014) Quadruplex-forming sequences occupy discrete regions inside plant LTR retrotransposons. Nucleic Acids Research 42, 968-978.
- Michalovova M, Vyskot B, Kejnovsky E (2013) Analysis of plastid and mitochondrial DNA insertions in the nucleus (NUPTs and NUMTs) of six plant species: size, relative age and chromosomal localization. Heredity 111, 314-320.
- Kejnovský E., Leitch I, Leitch A (2009). Contrasting evolutionary dynamics between angiosperm and mammalian genomes. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 24, 572-582.
- Marais GAB, Nicolas M, Bergero R, Chambrier P, Kejnovsky E, Moneger F, Hobza R, Widmer A, Charlesworth D (2008) Evidence for degeneration of the Y chromosome in the dioecious plant Silene latifolia. Current Biology 18, 1-5.
- Matsunaga S, Isono E, Kejnovský E, Vyskot B, Doležel J, Kawano S and Charlesworth D (2003) Duplicative transfer of a MADS box gene to a plant Y chromosome. Molecular Biology and Evolution 20, 1062-1069.
Kejnovský E and Kypr J (1997) DNA extraction by zinc. Nucleic Acids Research 25, 1870-1871.
Kejnovsky E, Hawkins JS, Feschotte C (2012) Plant transposable elements: biology and evolution. Diversity of genomes in plants. Ed. by J.F. Wendel, I. Leitch, J. Dolezel, Greilhuber (Springer)
Kejnovský E: Tajemství genů – od vzniku života po genom člověka (Story of genes – from the origin of life to the human genome) (Academia 2015) (popularization book in Czech)
27 articles in Vesmír (Czech popularization magazine) – years 2000-2019