Prof., RNDr., Ph.D.
Born 24 November 1968 in Valašské Meziříčí
- Biophysics, Chemical Physics
- Member of the Learned Society since 2022
Educational and professional preparation
- 1987–1992: undergraduate study at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Optics and Optoelectronics
- 1993–1996: Ph.D. study at the Department of Chemical Physics, Charles University Prague, Physics of Molecular and Biological Structures
- 2002: habilitation (docent), Chemical Physics, Lund University, Sweden
- 2007: professor, Biophysics, Palacký University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Employment and academic positions
- 1996–1997: Research assistant at the Department of Chemical Physics, Charles University Prague
- 1997–1999: Postdoc, Department of Chemical Physics, Lund University
- 1999–2003: Assistant professor, Department of Chemical Physics, Lund University
- 2003–2005: Associate professor, Department of Chemical Physics, Lund University
- 2005–2007: Associate professor, Institute of Physical Biology, University of South Bohemia
- 2005–now: Researcher, Institute of Plant Molecular Biology, Czech Academy of Sciences
- 2007–2011: Professor of Biophysics, Institute of Physical Biology, University of South Bohemia
- 2011–now: Professor of Biophysics, Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia
Membership in selected domestic scientific bodies
- Scientific Board of the University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice
- Scientific Boards of the Faculty of Science, Faculty of Pedagogy, and Faculty of Fishery and Water Protection of the University of South Bohemia
- Scientific Board of the Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem
- Member of the Research, Development and Innovation Council
- Chair of the Commission for the Evaluation of Research Organizations
Membership and positions in selected international organizations and societies
- International Carotenoid Society
- International Society for Photosynthesis Research
- Editorial Board of Chemical Physics Letters
- Skotnicová, P., Staleva-Musto, H., Kuznetsova, V., Bína, D., Konert, M.M., Lu, S., Polívka, T., Sobotka, R. Plant LHC-like proteins show robust folding and static non-photochemical quenching. Nature Communications, 12, 6890, 2021.
- Šebelík, V., Kuznetsova, V., Lokstein, H., Polívka, T. Transient absorption of chlorophylls and carotenoids after two-photon excitation of LHCII. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 12, 3176-3181, 2021
- Saccon, F., Durchan, M., Bína, D., Duffy, C.D.P., Ruban, A.V., Polívka, T. A protein environment-modulated energy dissipation channel in LHCII antenna complex. iScience, 23, 101430, 2020.
- Balevičius, V., Wei, T., Di Tommaso, D., Abramavicius, D., Hauer, J., Polívka, T., Duffy, C. The full dynamics of energy relaxation in large organic molecules: from photo-excitation to solvent heating. Chemical Science, 10, 4792-4804, 2019.
- Pinnola, A., Staleva-Musto, H., Capaldi, S., Ballottari, M., Bassi, R., Polívka, T. Electron transfer between carotenoid and chlorophyll contributes to quenching in the LHCSR1 protein from Physcomitrella patens. BBA-Bioenergetics 1857, 1870-1878, 2016.
- Staleva, H., Komenda, J., Shukla, M., K., Šlouf, V., Kaňa, R., Polívka, T., Sobotka, R. Mechanism of photoprotection in the cyanobacterial ancestor of plant antenna proteins. Nat. Chem. Biol. 11, 287-291, 2015.
- Šlouf, V., Chábera, P., Olsen, J.D., Martin, E.C., Qian, P., Hunter, C.N., Polívka, T. Photoprotection in a purple phototrophic bacterium mediated by oxygen-dependent alteration of carotenoid energy transfer pathways. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 109, 8570–8575, 2012.