Prof. Ing., DrSc.
Born April 23, 1956 in Prague
- Applied mathematical analysis, mathematical modelling in continuum mechanics and physics, optimization theory, numerical analysis.
- Member of the Learned Society since 2022
Educational and professional preparation
- 1980 – Ing. (= MS.) at computer science, Czech Technical University, Prague
- 1987 – CSc. (= PhD.) at technical cybernetics, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences
- 1995 – DrSc. at mathematics and physics
- 2000 – Doc. (= habilitation) Charles University, mathematics - mathematical analysis
- 2007 – Professor in mathematics - mathematical analysis, Charles University
Employment and academic positions
- 1981–1982 – Faculty Nuclear and Physical Engeneering, Czech Tech. Univ., Prague
- 1982–1985 – General Computing Centre, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences
- 1985–2019 – Institute of Information Theory and Automation, Czechoslovak (later Czech) Academy of Sciences
- 1991–1992 – Univ. Augsburg and TU Munich as a Humboldt research fellow
- 1995–present – Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
- 2008–present – Institute of Thermomechanics, Czech Academy of Sciences
- 2011–2014 – Univ. of West Bohemia, Plzen, New technologies research centre
Paralelly significant (in sum at least 1/2 year) visiting positions during years after 1992:
- Weierstrass Institut for Applied Analysis and Stochastics, Berlin (> 2yrs)
- Universita degli Studi di Roma (Tor Vergata e Tre, > 1yr)
- Universität Wien (1yr)
- Technische Universität München (> 1/2 yr)
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn (>1/2 yr)
- Universidad de Sevilla (1/2 yr)
- and several more years at dozens of other universities, in particular in Germany, France, Italy, Portugal, and USA
Membership in selected domestic scientific organisations
- Union of Czech Mathematicians and Physicists (since 1986)
- Humboldt Club of the Czech Republic
Membership and positions in selected international organizations and editorial boards
- International Society for the Interaction of Mechanics and Mathematics (ISIMM), member since 2003 (during 2013–2016 in the Executive committee)
- American Mathematical Society (AMS), member during 1994–2011
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), member during 1992–2005
- Editorial boards of international journals:
- GAMM – Mitteilungen, J.Wiley (since 2019),
- M3AS (= Mathematical Models and Methods in the Applied Sciences), World Scientific (since 2016),
- M2AS (= Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences), J.Wiley (since 2012).
- ZAMM (= Zeitschrift für angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik), J.Wiley (since 2007).
- 1999 – Prize of the Minister of education of the Czech Republic
- M.Kružík, T.Roubíček: Mathematical Methods in Continuum Mechanics of Solids. Springer, Cham/Switzerland, 2019, pp.i-xiii, 1-617.
- A.Mielke, T.Roubíček: Rate-Independent Systems - Theory and Application. Springer, New York, 2015, pp.i-xx, 1-660.
- T.Roubíček: Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations with Applications. Birkhäuser, Basel, 2005, pp.i-xviii,1-405, 2nd extended edition: 2013, pp.i-xx, 1-476
- T.Roubíček: Relaxation in Optimization Theory and Variational Calculus. Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, 1997, pp.i-xiv,1-474, 2nd extended edition: 2020, pp.i-xix,1-582.
And more than 150 research articles.