Prof. RNDr. Bc. Ph.D.
Born May 19, 1976 in Olomouc
- Physical and theoretical chemistry
- Member of Learned Society since 2017
Educational and professional preparation
- 2011-2015 Charles University, Catholic Theological Faculty, B.Sc.
- 1999–2003 Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Ph.D. in Molecular Physics
- 1994–1999 Charles University, Faculty of Science, Chemistry, M.Sc. in Physical Chemistry
Employment and academic positions
- 2015–now Professor, University of Chemistry and Technology Prague, Czech Republic
- 2006–now Research Associate, J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry, AS CR
- 2015 Visiting Professor at Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris (short stay)
- 2010 Visiting Professor at Université Lille, Lille (short stay)
- 2009–2015 Associate Professor, University of Chemistry and Technology Prague
- 2009 Visiting Professor at Université-Marne-La-Vallee, Paris (short stay)
- 2006–2009 Assistant Professor, University of Chemistry and Technology Prague
- 2003–2005 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Prof. Todd Martínez
Membership in selected domestic scientific bodies
- Scientific board of FCHI, UCT Prague
- Board of the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
- Academic Senate, UCT Prague
- Editorial Board, Vesmír journal
- Executive board, Resonance foundation
Membership and positions in selected international organizations and societies
- American Chemical Society (member)
- International Max Planck Research School Dynamical processes in atoms, molecules and solids
- COST Action 1404 - member of management comittee and working group leader
- Neuron prize for young scientists (2016)
- Learned Society Prize, Younger Scientist Award for innovative study of photochemical reactions by quantum chemical methods (2015)
- Award of the Chairman of Czech Science Foundation (GA CR) (as co-PI of a project lead by M. Fárník) for grant project Dynamics of solvated electrons in molecular clusters: Experimental and theoretical approach (2014)
- Award of the Learned Society of the Czech Republic for pedagogical activities (2012)
- DAAD fellowship
- NATO Fellowship
- Observation of electron-transfer-mediated decay in aqueous solution. I. Unger, R. Seidel, S. Thurmer, M. N. Pohl, E. F. Aziz, L. S. Cederbaum, E. Muchová, P. Slavíček, B. Winter, N. V Kryzhevoi, Nature Chemistry, 9 (2017) 708.
- Relaxation Processes in Aqueous Systems upon X-ray Ionization: Entanglement of Electronic and Nuclear Dynamics. P. Slavíček, N. V. Kryzhevoi, E. F. Aziz, B. Winter, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 7 (2016) 234.
- Proton-Transfer Mediated Enhancement of Nonlocal Electronic Relaxation Processes in X-ray Irradiated Liquid Water. P. Slavíček, B. Winter, L. S. Cederbaum, N. Kryzhevoi, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136 (2014) 18170.
- On the Nature and Origin of a Reactive Molecular Species Formed in Liquid Water upon X-ray Irradiation S. Thürmer, M. Ončák, N. Ottosson, R. Seidel, U. Hergenhahn, S. E. Bradforth, P. Slavíček, B. Winter, Nature Chemistry 5 (2013) 590.
- A Fully Size-Resolved Perspective on the Crystallization of Water Clusters. C. Pradzynski, R. Forck, T. Zeuch, P. Slavíček, U. Buck, Science 337 (2012) 1529.