Born October 23, 1967 in Prague
- condensed matter physics; materials science; many-body phenomena; electronic properties of semiconductor heterostructures, low-dimensional systems, and nanostructures; quantum Hall eects; carrier-mediated ferromagnetism in diluted magnetic semiconductors; magnetic, magneto-transport and magneto-optical properties of ferromagnetic semiconductors; spin-orbit coupling phenomena; anisotropic magnetoresistace in magnetic bulk and nano-devices, anomalous and spin Hall efects, metal and semiconductor spintronics
- Member of Learned Society since 2009
Educational and professional preparation:
- M.S. degree in physics, Charles University Praha, 1991.
- PhD. degree in condensed matter physics, Charles University Praha 1997
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Indiana University 1997-1999
- Research Fellow, University of Texas 2000-2002
Employment and academic positions:
- Head of Dept. of Spintronics and Nanoelectronics, Institute of Physics ASCR
- Professor, University of Nottingham
- Adjunct Professor, University of Texas
Membership and positions in international organizations and societies:
- Member of the International Advisory Committee of the ICMFS (International Colloquium on Magnetic Thin Films and Surfaces)
- Panel Member for the ERC Advanced Grant evaluation
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the EU Program EUROCORES
- External panel member and referee for the UK EPSRC Grant Agency, US Department
of Energy and National Science Foundation
- Member of the Scientic Council of the Grant Agency of the Czech Republic
- External Advisor of Hitachi Cambridge Laboratory
- Member of the American Physical Society
- Milan Odehnal Prize of the Union of Czech Mathematicians and Physisists, 1996
- Josef Hlávka Prize, 1996
- Bolzano Foundation Prize of the European Physical Society, 1996
- NATO-NSF Advanced Fellowship, 2000
- Otto Wichterle Prize of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 2002
- Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic Prize, 2005
- Otto Wichterle Prize of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic (2002).
- T. Jungwirth, P. Horodyska, N. Tesařová, P. Němec, J. Šubrt, P. Malý, P. Kužel, C. Kadlec, J. Mašek, I. Němec, M.Orlita,V. Novák, K. Olejník, Z. Šobáň, P. Vašek, P. Svoboda, Jairo Sinova
Systematic study of Mn-doping trends in optical properties of (Ga,Mn)As
Phys. Rev. Lett. 105 (2010) 227201(1) - 227201(4).
J. Mašek, F. Máca, J. Kudrnovský, O. Makarovský, L. Eaves, R. P. Campion, K. W. Edmonds, A. W. Rushforth, C. T. Foxon, B. L. Gallagher, V. Novák, Jairo Sinova, T. Jungwirth
Microscopic analysis of the valence band and impurity band theories of (Ga,Mn)As
Phys. Rev. Lett. 105 (2010) 227202(1) - 227202(4).
J. Wunderlich, B. G. Park, A. C. Irvine, L. P. Zarbo, E. Rozkotová, P. Němec, V. Novák, Jairo Sinova, T. Jungwirth
Spin Hall effect transistor
Science 330 (2010) 1801 - 1804.
J. Wunderlich, A. C. Irvine, Jairo Sinova, B. G. Park, L. P. Zarbo, X. L. Xu, B. Kaestner, V. Novák, T. Jungwirth
Spin-injection Hall effect in a planar photovoltaic cell
Nature Physics 5 (2009) 675 - 681.
T. Jungwirth, B. L. Gallagher, J. Wunderlich
Transport properties of ferromagnetic semiconductors
Spintronics, Semiconductors and Semimetals vol. 82, p. 135-205 (Elsevier, 2008)
V. Novák, K. Olejník, J. Wunderlich, M. Cukr, K. Výborný, A. W. Rushforth, K. V. Edmonds, R. P. Campion, B. L. Gallagher, Jairo Sinova, T. Jungwirth
Curie point singularity in the temperature derivative of resistivity in (Ga,Mn)As
Phys. Rev. Lett. 101 (2008) 077201-1 - 077201-4.
I. Stolichnov, S. W. E. Riester, H. J. Trodahl, N. Setter, A. W. Rushforth, K. W. Edmonds, R. P. Campion, C. T. Foxon, B. L. Gallagher, T. Jungwirth
Non-volatile ferroelectric control of ferromagnetism in (Ga,Mn)As
Nature Materials 7 (2008) 464 - 467.
T. Jungwirth, J. Sinova, J. Mašek, J. Kučera, A.H. MacDonald
Theory of ferromagnetic (III,Mn)V semiconductors
Rev. Mod. Phys. 78 (2006) 809 - 864.
J. Wunderlich, B. Kaestner, J. Sinova, T. Jungwirth
Experimental observation of the spin-Hall effect in a two dimensional spin-orbit coupled semiconductor system
Phys. Rev. Lett. 94 (2005) 047204(1) - 047204.
J. Sinova, D. Culcer, Q. Niu, N. Sinitsyn, T. Jungwirth, A.H. MacDonald
Universal intrinsic spin-Hall effect
Phys. Rev. Lett. 92 (2004) 126603(1) - 126603(4).
T. Jungwirth, Qian Niu, A.H. MacDonald
Anomalous Hall Effect in Ferromagnetic Semiconductors
Phys. Rev. Lett. 88 (2002) 207208(1) - 207208(4).
V. Piazza, V. Pellegrini, F. Beltram, W. Wegscheider, T. Jungwirth, A. H. MacDonald
Nature 402 (1999) 638 - 641.